For those of you who have been making a websites, especially in the world of blog, are very familiar with WordPress. WordPress is a CMS intended from the beginning for blog maker. Using this application, making and building a website is much easier and faster. The question now is, why WordPress? Why donít we use other CMS such as Joomla! or Drupal? The answer is that WordPress has more advantages when it is compared with other CMS open sources. What are the advantages of using WordPress for making a website or a blog? Here are the advantages of WordPress:
- It is Open Source and is free. Because they use GPL license, we can easily make a custom we want and modify source without even worrying to violate copyright.
- WordPress is a blog platform and a CMS which is free for ever. You just need to download then you can use it whenever you want.
- You can try, set or customize it offline without the need of internet connection. Thatís why you can test the blog you are making in local host with the help of Xampp or Wampp software.
- There are alot of themes available from free themes to premium themes with different prices.
- With many types and forms of theme, WordPress can be used for making many different kinds of websites, such as a personal blog, a classified ads website, a portfolios website, an online shop website, a government website and so on.
- For the need of optimization and other things, WordPress provide many different kinds of ready to use plugin. With the help of these plugins, your activity in making website and publishing content becomes much easier.
- Because it is renowned and is used widely, the supports are very good. If we encounter an obstacle, we can easily find the answer, because there are many other WordPress users who can share and change the information regarding their WordPress websites.
- It is always developed and is developing fast. Almost every month there is an update and fix version.
- Having an easy update engine support. If there is a new version, we donít need to download and upload it to ftp server. It is because WordPress give us a link about update information in the dashboard. We just have to click an update button to renew our website with the latest WordPress version.
- WordPress has a search engine-friendly permalink structure which has an ability to give the right address page that matched with the title of article. Thus, it can be easily read by search engine.
- It has a support for widget. With this, we can manage the order of module block with drag and drop. We can add module on the sidebar by clicking it.
- The Trackback and Pingback, these two are especially helpful for connecting you with other blogs in order to increase the popularity.
- Nested categories and multiple categories for articles, with these two, we can collect many articles into one category or one article into many categories with an easy organizable.
- It has typographic filters for proper formatting and styling of text. This one allows us to make an article so much easier. For instance, changing typo and writing style. All we need just some clicks. We donít even have to know HTML or CSS codes.
- Static pages. If we need a static page with our personal information or anything else, we can do it with just adding a ďpageĒ in WordPress.
- Tag support. This one is for us to add a tag in every article. It makes easy for search engine to find and acknowledge a content of your blog or article.
- Multiple authors. If you feel tired of writing alone and want to invite other writers, WordPress can handle this using multiple authors with layered security. And it is very practical too.
- Comment Support. With this, we can interact directly with our guests. They can give any comment in each article. Moreover, we can filter which comment we want it to show.
- RSS Feed Support. Guest can also watch the progress or update of articles by subscribing the articles using RSS.
- Permalink. It looks insignificant, yet it is important. Permalink is a specific link structure for an article. For instance, http://www.creativectors.com/2012/03/15/mini-tutorial-creating-awesome-screenshots…. Using WordPress, we can customize permalink to be more search engine friendly. And we can change the title of an article without having to change permalink order.
This is an end of our view and share. We hope that this article will give you more perspective. If you feel you want to add or share regarding WordPress or just to give a comment, you can leave a word on comment box below.
Written by: Cecep Arifuddin